£499 - Student
£799 - Corporate
(inclusive of Book / E Book)
3 day Course
16 Hours taught Online
How is this course taught?
Online Via Zoom
Students will be given a Training Licence for the Duration of the Course or they may decide to download a 30 day Free Trial.
- You'll receive tuition from a Certified AVID Trainer and Film Editor with 25 years experience, with in-depth industry knowledge of Film and TV Post who’s editing Credits include Cannes, Raindance and BAFTA.
- All course-related materials can be included as either a PDF or Hard Book
- You will be able to take the Avid Certified 101 examination at the end of the course (Student’s Choice)
Mac Computer Knowledge, No previous knowledge of Avid needed but other Software experience i.e FCP or Adobe Premiere is useful.
- No experience with Avid Media Composer is necessary
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh operating systems
- A background or experience in editing, production, or post-production is recommended
Who is the course for?
Aimed at producers, editors and assistant editors, this three-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the range of editing features available within Media
The interactive nature of this course allows you to put into practice what you learn before sitting the Avid 101 Certified Assessment Exam at the end of the course.(Not A Requirement unless you wish to also do the 110 cours)
What will participants achieve?
Media Composer Fundamentals I is an introductory course designed to get a new user up-and-running on the software.
In this course, students develop an understanding of the video editing process and the basic skills to edit a video project from start to finish. This includes understanding the relationship between media and project files, media storage location, the abilities to create the project file; bring in the source video and audio files; edit the sequence, add titles, music, and basic effects, and then export the finished sequence.
What does this course cover?
• Launch Media Composer
• Identify and understand the function of the primary Media Composer tools and windows
• Create/Open a project using Frame Settings, Understanding of Interlaced and Progressive Video
• Import/Link to media
• Create project bins, as needed
• Organise clips by moving them from one bin to another
• Create a sequence, and add or remove tracks as needed
• Add clips to the sequence using Splice and Overwrite, or equivalent SmartTool functions
• Remove sequence material using Lift and Extract, or equivalent SmartTool functions
• Use Trim mode and SmartTool trim tools to change the length of sequence clips
• Adjust the audio level (clip gain) of clips in the sequence
• Add basic effects to sequence clips
• Add transition effects to the sequence
• Create and add static titles
• Export the finished sequence as a high-quality video file, or for uploading to the web
• Adjust basic settings relating to the media creation and user preferences
• Locate Media Composer project and media files
• Delete unwanted media files, and all media at the completion of the edit process
Who teaches this course?
Nigel G Honey (MA) Film, Film TV Editor / AVID Certified Instructor, has over 25 + years editing experience as a freelance editor both in UK and Europe in Avid Media Composer 2018/2019/ (2021 latest Vsn) DaVinci Resolve 18, and Premiere Pro CC2022, and still edit alongside teaching for STV, BBC, RDF, Channel 4, and SKY.